Going to Switzerland is the first book of its kind to provide a step-by-step guide that explains how and why it is that non-Swiss nationals can get help to die in Switzerland.
The book explains the principal clinics who offer services to foreigners, the various application process, qualification criteria (especially as it pertains to a mental health diagnosis, including dementia/ Alzheimer’s), who gets the ‘green light’ and why, the different methods of death used by the different groups, & the differences in acceptance policies between the various clinics.
For family and friends, Going to Switzerland details what to expect before, during and after a VAD in Switzerland, as well as explaining cremation, death certificates, clinic costs (and refund policies).
Going to Switzerland provides invaluable background for anyone contemplating making a final trip to Switzerland & ties in well to the Application Assistance & ID/ Accompaniment Programs offered by Exit International.
– Dying in Switzerland
– The Swiss are Different
Swiss Law on Assisted Suicide
– How Assisted Suicide Doctors Operate in Switzerland
– Recent Changes to the Medical Guidelines
– Swiss Legal Summary
The Different Swiss Organisations
– EX International
– Lifecircle & the Professor David Goodall Story
– Pegasos & the Laura Henkel Story
How to Apply to Die in Switzerland
– Introducing Professor Sean Davison
– Exit Application Assistance Program (AAP)
– Exit ID & Accompaniment Service
– Going Together
– Green Lights & Getting Accepted
– A Word about Mental Health
Preparing to go to Switzerland
– The 2 Sisters
– Talking about Plans with Family & Friends
What to Expect at a Swiss VAD
– Final Paperwork
– Family, Friends & your Posthumous Identification
– Timing of your Death
– Oral or Intravenous Drugs: It’s not Your Choice
– Where does the Death take Place?
– Before you Die
– After you have Gone
– Death Certificates, Cremation & Body Repatriation
– Refund Policies
Introducing the Sarco
Support Exit International
Please note, the digital edition is sold as a 24-month subscription (renewable after the initial period for 50% discount, provided the renewal is made within the last month of the subscription period.)
Online Edition – US$40 Special Price (Exit members & PPeH subscribers)
Online Edition – US$60 Public Price
The print edition is 62 pages in length & printed in full colour.
Print Edition – US$45 Special Price (Exit members & PPeH subscribers) (ex shipping)
Print Edition – US$65 Public Price (ex shipping)
Note – a black/white print edition is now available from Amazon globally.